St. Mary’s Catholic Church
St. Mary’s Church has been the gathering place for the Catholic Community of Ipswich for over 100 years. Families have gathered here for prayer and worship for many generations. The history of the Church is closely linked with the history of the City of Ipswich, and St. Mary’s celebrated its centenary in December 2004. The Church is an historic landmark in Ipswich and continues to be a beacon of faith for the people of the City and surrounding areas.
St. Mary’s was never just a home to local Catholic families. During its construction, the church was paid for by non-Catholics and Catholics alike. To this day, St. Mary’s is visited by many non-Catholics, and many of them feel the church, being the most visible building in Ipswich, gives them a place to call home. St. Mary’s is the Icon of “Greater Ipswich” and invites everyone regardless of their age, culture, faith, and personal situation.
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Catholic Church
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Church is located on Robertson Road, and was built in 1962 and erected as a memorial to those who gave their lives in the two World Wars. The church was opened by the Most Reverend James Duhig, Archbishop of Brisbane, on 8 April 1962.
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church
The current Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church building was erected in 1982, and is visited by many families in the Leichhardt area. The previous church building was converted into classrooms for the parish primary school.
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
In December 1947, St. Joseph’s Church was moved to its present location on at Pine Mountain Road, North Ipswich. The church is located at the parish school and is home to many families in the North Ipswich area.
St. Brigid’s Catholic Church
St. Brigid’s Church is a beautiful timber church built in 1910. The church is home to many families in the Rosewood area and is attached to a parish primary school.